Tuesday, November 13, 2007

They're Back and Random Meme from Mickey

First off, we want to thank everyone for their heartfelt good wishes and prayers for Daddy's sister. She is doing well and should be home by now and able to return to work next week. We have not been blogging long, and knowing that so many people already care about us is just overwhelming. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Now on to other things!

Last night, after dark, at about 8pm Mommy says, our beans returned home from New Orleans! They were very glad that they got to go and we were kinda glad too because it meant we got spoiled by Uncle Mark. We did worry about them for a time when we heard something about having hurricanes in the French Quarter (as pirates, we know that hurricanes are not good - after all, one swept Captain Jack off of the Black Furrball) but Uncle Mark said it wasn't what we thought. Mommy says they ate excellent food and had a great time. They even brought us back some gourmet kitty treats from the French Quarter! When they get the pictures they took edited, we'll put some online for you kitties to see. Until then, we've been tagged for our very first meme!!

We’ve been tagged by Mickey for a meme. Here are the rules:
* Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog;
* Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself;
* Tag 7 random people at the end of your post & include links to their blogs;
* Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Random and/or Weird Facts About Us!

1. Captain Jack - I love to play with straws so much that when I have one in my mouth, I make a weird yawling sound, almost like I am in pain. The first time I did this, Mommy was so scared because she thought I was hurt when actually I was just playing with a straw. Even now Mommy must remind herself "Oh, Jack has a straw" when she hears that meow.

2. Dante - One of my favorite things to do is to taunt Beaux through the glass on our porch door. He will be outside and I will be inside. I love to stand on my back legs and paw the glass door like mad, right in Beaux's face. This makes Beaux bark a really mean bark that usually gets him yelled at by the beans. I laugh cause he cannot get me AND because I got him in trouble!

3. Captain Jack - I love potato chips. Mommy cannot eat any without sharing or I will stand on her and stare until she gives in.

4. Dante - I love to sleep in front of the fireplace when its lit. If I could, and if Mommy and Daddy would remove the screen, I think I would sleep in the fire - so warm and toasty!

5. Captain Jack - I love water. I drink out of faucets, the water bowl and my fountain. Sometimes, I know my toys are thirsty too so I put them into the water bowl so they can drink....I just forget to take them out sometimes.

6. Dante - I only like crunchy treats. I refuse to eat moist treats like Pounce. Jack can have those - gimme the Whisker Lickins or Temptations!!

7. Both Kitties - We love to play on both sides of a door. Dante gets on one side, Captain Jack on the other, and we attack each other by using our paws under the door. It is so much fun!!

We are not sure who has not been tagged by this but Captain Jack wants to tag his special lady friend, Miss Boo. Dante would like to tag our twins Skeeter & LC.

17 comments:

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great list!!! It is nice to learn more about old friends. I like to play on one side of the door while a feather is stuck under it. FUN!

Dante, Bendrix is very impressed with your taunting of Beaux...

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm glad to hear your humans had a good trip. :) I'm also glad your dad's sister is doing well.

I enjoyed learning more about the two of you! The one who came before me, Whiskers, loved playing with straws too.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Capt'n Jack Momma just got back onto the innernets and I just learned about your Aunt...I sure hope efurrything is OK.

Oh I just loved reading about you and learning all of these things! Thank you for tagging me!

Purrs
Miss Boo

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ooh! We've been tagged for a meme! Thanks, pirates (twins)... We'll get to work on it right away. We liked your list!

An thanks also to yer Mommy for her kind comment about The Big Thing's Veterans Day post!

Skeeter and LC

Tybalt said...

Great job on the meme! I'm glad your parents got to go on their trip, and that you got to spend extra special time with Uncle Mark. Holly did the "scream like I'm in pain" to mommy early on Saturday morning, but she was just tricking mommy to make her get up and open the blinds for squirrel watching.

jenianddean said...

I'm the same way...I don't like the moist treats. I love a good crunchy treat. Huggy Bear likes straws too. He loves to pull them out of the lids.

Great list!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hehehe, dat was an intristing list! Welcome home to yoor mom and dad. We read hurricane and kinda panict but mom sez dat is prolly da adult beverage kind. Sometimes doze adult beverages are danjerus, dey can make mom beans kinda silly. Well, at least ours.

Leona said...

Nice to learn some things about the two of you. Sultanfus has a thing for straws also. When she was a kitten you couldn't leave your drink unattended without the little thief stealing your straw.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm glad your beans were able to enjoy their trip to New Orleans.

Those are all very interesting facts about you two. Ollie used to water her toys, too, but she doesn't seem to do that anymore. I like Dante's trick to get Beaux in trouble LOL

Anonymous said...

I am glad your humans enjoyed their trip.

I love to play with the door with Gemini too!

Daisy said...

I think those are the only "good" kind of hurricane! I am very happy that your aunt is doing better.

I liked learning more things about you, those were some funny things!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hey Captain Jack - does you put your nip toys in the water? we do sometimes when we want to make nip tea!

we is so happy your daddy's sister is ok.

Mickey's Musings said...

That was a super 7 facts!!! Sounds like you two know how to have fun(well you did on the bus,heehee)
Drowning yer toys,hahahahaha!!!!
Getting the dog in trouble,hahahahaha!
You guys are good!!

Sassy Kat said...

I was tagged by this meme too, it is a good way to get to know more about each other. I saw that you stopped by today but I was busy at the polls and couldn't come over and talk until now. Good to see you

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Cool list! I'm sorry to hear about your daddy's sister, but glad that she is doing ok now!

~Donny and Marie

PB 'n J said...

What a fun list - it's fun to learn more about our blogging buddies!

Bert and Jake also like to play under the door.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

If I have chance, I would love to see how you play #7. it seems lots of fun~!! But I never watch it before~!!! Maybe you could ask your human record the video when your bean catch the chance.