Monday, November 19, 2007

Mancat Monday - Piracy Lesson #2

For this Mancat Monday, Captain Jack will continue his lessons in Kitty Piracy. In this case, Captain Jack will demonstrate his daily workout which keeps him sharp, agile, and strong. On board the Black Furrball, these exercises would be performed using the ship's rigging. Since the Captain is currently landlocked in Georgia, he must improvise. In this case, Jack will be using his favorite office chair!

This first exercise, is called "Kitty Hanging Upside Down." As you can see, the Captain has a firm grip on the "ship" while he is hanging upside down - always prepared to attack from above. Attacking from above will allow Jack to surprise his opponents. This exercise should be done daily to keep you from getting a nasty headache when you need to be the most agile and ready to spring into attack.

The next exercise teaches one agility while handling a weapon. If you've seen any pirate films, you know that pirates will often carry knives in their mouths while climbing aboard an enemy ship. Because his Mommy will not allow the Captain to play with knives, Jack once again improvises - this time with a straw! As you can see he maintains the firm grip on the "ship" while he places the straw "knife" in his mouth, ready to attack any enemy pirates who dare stand in his way!

The very last lesson for this week, and the most important, is called attitude. When boarding an enemy ship, a good Pirate Kitty must display the most fearsome, scary, and intimidating attitude that he can. This picture shows the Captain practicing his "pirate attitude," complete with the straw knife in his mouth! Grrrrrrrr!!

That is our piracy lesson for this week. We also wanted to take this time to thank everyone for their well wishes for Daddy's family. Daddy's sister's surgery went well on Friday amd we are hopeful that she will get to come home from the hospital soon. Daddy's father is recovering at home and we are hopeful that he will quit smoking after this cardiac scare. Also, for the kitties who requested pirate badges for their blogs. We are going to work on getting them out to everyone this week. If you do want one, just leave us your pirate name and an email address in the comments and we'll get one to you!

29 comments:

Daisy said...

Captain Jack, you have some keen pirating skills! I am going to try and learn from your lessons. Your mom is very mean to not allow you to play with knives. WHAT? Oh. Never mind. My Mommie said I cannot play with knives either.

Anonymous said...

Those are some very good pirating skills. You are amazing.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thanks for the fabulous lesson, Captain Jack. You are a great pirate! I will practice my fierce look, which is hard for me, since I'm not naturally very fierce.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Grate lesson Captain Jack, we is gonna practice being fierce purrate now.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Captain Jack
You make a very brave and fierce pirate. I will have to practice using your techinques so I will be ready when we set sail for treasures and loot!

Purrs
Miss Boo

The Crew said...

What agility, even while holding a sword in your mouth. No wonder you're the Captain!

Our Dad helped us think of our pirate names. I'm Maxie Meower and George...well, Dad suggested Geezer George. What do you think, Jack? My brother is 10 now. Is he officially a "geezer"?

Tipper & Misty still don't have pirate girl names.

Max S

Milton said...

Those are good exersizes!
I also practice my sail handleing by pulling the towel offa the towel bar in the bafroom.
---Beezer
PeeEss. I think I need a new pirate name. The mombean calls me Cap'in snorkel booty, what do you think?

LZ said...

Great pirating exercises! I do want a pirate badge! I just don't know what my pirate name should be. Hmm...I might have to think on that!

Chase

Forty Paws said...

These are wonderful lessons. We took lotz ov notes.

Luf, Us

Mr. Hendrix said...

Those are great skills you have there Captain Jack. I will have to practice these while mommy thinks of my pirate name.

I'm taking notes now.

I'm glad to hear your auntie is feeling better and your grandpa too. Big purrs he'll stop smoking, mommy sayz it was hard for her, but she did it.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Shoot, mommy sayz we only have pink straws left by our nieces to practice with. Does that make me a less scary pirate??

Anonymous said...

Great demonstration on how to have yer knife ready while you prepare to attack from above!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh, I will haf to praktice so that I don't disappoint Captain Jack

Leona said...

What a good lesson. We fear however that we will never be as good a pirate as you Captain.

Millie said...

Thank you for the lesson. I did not know those things. I think this lesson will be very useful!

Mickey's Musings said...

Excellent lesson!You are a great Mancat teacher and I think a lot of pirate cats will graduate with honors!
Thanks Captain Jack!!!
I need to practise the fierce look !! :)

The Cat Realm said...

I didn't know their is work involved in being a pirate...
I can do somersaults, does that count?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hahahahaha, this is certainly the greatest lesson~!!! Thank you for teaching us the skills~!!!!!

Tara said...

That was a very good lesson.

Dad is working on quiting smoking too. It is very hard.

Tara

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I am's taking notes, I wants to be a good pirates like you Capt Jack!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Is that...a....straw?!?!?

Must.Kill.Straw.

Sassy Kat said...

That looks like a lot of work to me. But yet it looks like fun too. I was wondering if I practice the pirate exercising will this get me on the road to being a pirate? Another question I have is are there any girl pirates? Oh, I was visiting with Beau today and he isn't feeling too good. Thinking if we all could visit over there and let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers this might make him feel better. Thought you would want to know.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Those are very good exercises for pirate kitties!!

I'm glad your Daddy's sister and father are doing better. I hope they're both fully recover soon :-)

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Those are furry good excersises. Thank you for sharing them. Maybe you could get your mommie to let you play with a plastic knife?

Willow said...

Those were excellent pirate skills you showed us today! China Cat and I would both like to join and be pirates too! I looked back to Pirate Day and China Cat's name was Pirate Queen China Cat Sunflower and mine was Willow the Wicked Warrior Pirate. We would both like the Pirate badge with our names and our email is chinacat.willow@gmail.com

Thanks and purrrrs,
Willow

P.S. I was very happy to hear that your family is doing better but will keep sending purrrs. My dad had a hard time quitting smoking so he knows just how hard it is but worth it!

Black Cat said...

Hahaha, great pirating skills Cap'n! Thanks for saying I can be an honorary crew member. I'm trying to think of a pirate name... No, more time needed, I'll get back to you:) xxx

Anonymous said...

Captain Jack you make a very fierce pirate. We are all taking notes so that we can be fierce pirates too.

PB 'n J said...

Captain Jack those sure are amazing Pirate Skills. We'll practice ours so that we can join the crew!

We hope your Aunt and your Dad are doing okay.

Purrs,
Pearl, Bert and Jake

Chase and Mel said...

Hi my fav pirate kitties. i tagged you to do a fun fact sheet. Check my blog for the rules. it is in the newest posting.

argggg!!
your friend, chase