Monday, November 5, 2007

ManCat Monday & Milk

All mancats must find the pose that makes them look the most regal and kingly and use it to claim their territory - in this case, the blanket that we love that comes out every fall and stays out til spring. It also helps that this blanket is a very manly Harley Davidson Motorcycles blanket of Daddy's that Mommy and us kitties have claimed as our own.


All mancats must also flirt by looking cute on the manly blanket in order to ensure a steady supply of scritches and treats from one's adoring human.

I have to tell you kitties what I did to Mommy this morning and I swear it was totally an accident. Last night Mommy got a big glass of milk and took it into the bedroom to drink while reading a book. She fell asleep before finishing it. Kitties, I just could not help myself this morning - I had to have some of that num num nummy milk! So I crept up to her bedside table and very gingerly stuck my front paw inside the glass to get some milk and then I would lick it off of my foot. I tried very carefully not to tip the glass over. Well, I didn't try hard enough cause I knocked the glass over - ALL OVER MOMMY! I hate to say it but that nummy cold milk woke Mommy up when it fell on her chest. She screamed and said words that no 3-year old kitty should repeat, loud enough that it woke up Daddy too. Sorry Mommy, but the milk certaintly was tasty and well, I'm a pirate, woman! What do you expect?

20 comments:

Tybalt said...

We knock over mommy's bedtime drinks all of the time. I usually manage to blame my sisters, but between you and me, sometimes I am the one who did it.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great Mancat photos, Captain Jack! :) Oops on knocking over the milk, but you certainly can't be blamed. What cat could resist yummy milk?

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, da flirting fur rubbies is furry importint. No bean mom can resist a flirting mancat. We would blame da milk aksident on mom and so would dad. He'd say "you shouldn't leave it where da cat can get it" and mom would say "yeah, my fault" and we would not get in trouble...much.

Daisy said...

Capt. Jack, I think you found the perfect pose to make you look very regal and kingly! I do not think it was your fault for knocking over the milk. It was your mom's fault for leaving it out. That's what I think.

Anonymous said...

He He. That's funny. I am sure that my Momma would have screamed too!

The Meezers or Billy said...

i haf done that wif mommy's water too. it's fun, isn't it? - Sammy

PB 'n J said...

Who can resist a flirty, tuxedo man cat! We'd say it was your mommy's fault about the milk - who can resist a cup of milk, it's too much to as of a kitty!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Capt'n Jack

I have a secret to tell you...my sisfur Boo has a BIG crush on you...don't tell her I told --OK?!

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

We do not think it was your fault for knocking over the milk. Moms should know better.

jenianddean said...

I'm all about knocking over bedtime drinks! I've never split a glass of milk, but I did spill a whole big glass of orange Gatorade one time. (Mom said some very naughty words about that, plus she wasn't feeling good, so that didn't help). But I agree with Daisy, it was your mom's fault -- it's never a kitten's fault.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Sunny's Mommy said...

You look sexy in that second picture ;-)

It's not your fault you accidently knocked over Mommy's milk. When I lay down in bed I put my drinks in a cup that has a lid on top. That's the only way I've found to keep cats out of my drinks. Cause I got tired of sharing with the cats!

Mr. Hendrix said...

ha ha ha that is a funny story Jack. I think you conqured the ship "Great Milk Glass" well. mmmm milk. It has been so long. Don't try that with Pepsi tho, it does not taste good and leaves fur sticky.

Thanks for coming to my party the other night. Sorry I didn't get to say "bye" Daddy was itching to get the "picture stuff over with" so he could play Wii. Mommy is starting to feel better but her nose is still leaking!

Jimmy Joe said...

Hahaha! That is pretty funny about the milk glass. You know what--my momma knocks over her own glasses more often than I do. She's really clumsy.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Fat Eric said...

Ooops, how long did it take her to calm down? I can't get on my mum's bedside table because it is absolutely COVERED in stuff! And it is only small, I like to have room to stretch out. I prefer to take over her pillow.

My sister Hattie used to drink out of humans' drinking glasses if they left them within reach, but usually I don't.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Well, you learn from yer mistakes....be more careful next time!

Monty Q. Kat said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Beans never learn. ;)

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Your story mades mommy beans laughs. You are lucky to get milk I am only alloweds kitty milk by whiskas.

Forty Paws said...

Uh oh. Annie does that with Paw's water.

You look very comfy on that Harley blanket, Cap'n Jack!

Luf, Us

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Bean does not like it when I steal her milk either. And it not your fault the glass tip over. If she have in glass that big enough for you to stick your head there, there would not have been accident.

The Crew said...

Excellent Jack, just excellent!

Some humans never seem to learn to not leave an unattended cup around a cat. We Crew members have tipped many a cup over the years screams and arm waving. You must admit, it's very entertaining, isn't it?

George