Sunday, March 30, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
1. Mommy said to Daddy: "Captain Jack is my kitty and Dante is your kitty - if we got LK, who would he belong to?"
2.Daddy said: "He is still so little that I cannot make a decision yet..."
3. Aunt Susan said: "If you are worried about Jack and Dante hurting him, don't be. Chances are they will think something more along the lines of 'what the heck is that thing?!' than they will think of hurting him."
4. Mommy said: "He is an orphan, we could name him Oliver."
5. Daddy said: "What about Dodger as in The Artful Dodger?"
6. Aunt Susan said: "I think you should name him Merlyn cause he has eyes like a little owl."
7. Mommy said: "Where would we isolate him at? Dante likes the guest bathroom so much and he feels that it is his room, so we cannot take that room from him."
8. Nana said: "If you guys bring him home, make sure to do it when you can take some time to be home with him so he can get to know you and the boys and the house."
9. Uncle Mark said: "I think you have just the right amount of animals and getting one more may be pushing it."
10. Aunt Susan said: "I have had one inquiry about him, so do not feel like you have to take him. I can find a home for him, no problem. If you do take him and it just doesn't work out, we can still find him a good home then too."
11. Mommy said: "It was easy enough when Dante came home. They only had about two hours of hissing and growling before it was over and Susan says a kitten would be easier than to introduce than Dante was..."
12. Samwise said: "Oh you should have seen him! He is so little and he was whapping and batting my nose and he smelled like a baby - just like Jack did when he first came home!"
13. Captain Jack and Dante say: "We are not sure about this either. We could use a cabin boy but what if he gets more attention than us? We like our hosue now. Do we really need to add another? What if we do not like him? What if he does not like us? Samwise says he bites too!!"
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
M'ARGH!!! Daddy has flavor as the LOL cats say!! Yes, I was putting the bitey on Daddy's hand cause I am one vicious orange pirate cat. You can also see Jack's tail making a cameo appearance in this picture. He was trying to hog the camera and distract Mommy into only taking pics of him, but I was being much more photo worthy than he was!
And here is my orange tabby tummy and toes (Jack says I am a wide load - what do you think? I think he is just jealous of my mancatness!). I was just about to bunny kick too! I love to play with Daddy. We do this every morning and Mommy always says that Daddy gets me wound up and then walks away so I have only her to attack and pounce....yeah, she may be right, but it is so much fun!!
Happy Tuesday everyone!! Mommy wants to say thank you for all of the well wishes for her paw to heal quickly. She does look funny hobbling around but we do hope that she feels better soon!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Even more whapping! Look at his right foot again, its completely in whapping mode. Mommy said he whapped Samwise with both feet - whap whap - over and over again!! Sam did really good and never bit or anything, just took the whapping like a good dog! LK is so brave. Look at what happened next and you can see how good he whapped!
Samwise retreated across the room and laid on his gator (his special sleeping spot at Aunt Susan and Uncle Dave's) until LK was put back into his room.
Yep, we think LK is one wonderful, amazing, whapping mini-mancat!!! Now if only Mommy and Daddy would decide whether they are adopting him. Aunt Susan says he will be ready to go to his forever home in 2 or 3 weeks and we think they are going to take that long to decide!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)
We will go in age order so Samwise will start us off. His middle name is Gamgee!
G- Gardner - because I love love love to dig in the dirt!!
A- Arf Arf! - what my bark sounds like. I do not BARK! like most dogs but do this weird, soft ARF! that makes beans laugh. Aunt Susan says it sounds like I was "de-barked," whatever that means.
M- Mommy's favorite - I know I am her favorite because I am the only one allowed to follow her around 24/7. I know this because I will chase off the other kitties and woofies who try to get too close to her.
G- Garbage dog - Mommy and Daddy call me this because I used to love to tip over the garbage can in the kitchen and spread it out all over the floor so I could see what was in it (they have since brought a so-far Samproof garbage can)
E- Eager - I love to go for car rides and all it takes it Mommy picking up my leash to get me really excited.
E- Extraordinary - Cause I am. Aunt Susan actually called me "the perfect dog" once. I think that makes me very extraordinary!
Next up is Captain Jack. His middle name is Jack!
J- Jumper - Mommy and Daddy are always surprised how high I can jump with no effort. It is not unusual for me to jump to the top of a chest of drawers without blinking or even trying hard.
A- Awesome - cause I am one awesome pirate cat!
C- Captain - Yeah. I am the Captain!
K- King Sized Kitty - I am a rather big cat. I am lithe and slender and still weigh 15 pounds. I am often called Moose Kitty because I am so big!
Third, we have Beaux. He is often called Bozo so Daddy says his middle name should be Zeaux!
Z- Zabernist - which means "bully". Yeah, I bully the kitties from time to time, I admit it!
E- Exuberant - You should see how I jump and dance around when its dinner time!
A - Appreciative - Mommy and Daddy adopted me from the pound and I have always been very appreciative of them choosing me!
U- Uncommonly sweet - Mommy says I am all heart...and no brain!
X- Xtremely talented because I can catch my treats in the air and I can sit and even stay on command.
Finally, we have Dante. He has two middle names, Barbossa and Alighieri. We will use Barbossa for this!
B- Begger - I will beg for treats by loudly mewoing until they hand over the goodies!
A- Awesome - Cause like Jack, I am one awesome pirate cat!
R- Red head - Aunt Susan insists that I am not orange, that I am actually redheaded, just like my Mommy. Yeah, I prefer the term ginger I think.
B- Batter - I am very good at batting things. Anything that is left on a counter or table will soon find its way to the floor!
O- Orange cause I am one gorgeous ginger!!
S- Scarred - I have a huge scar on my back from where a car's fanbelt bit me when I was homeless.
S- Sedate - I am actually a pretty calm kitty. Mommy has often called me "laid back" which she says means I am lazy and like to lie around and relax, and I say it means that I am sedate.
A- Attacker - I definately attack Beaux by whapping chasing him through the house.
Wow! That was lots of hard work! We hope you enjoy reading about us. We would like to tag Chance and his brother Shadow, Derby, and all of the Furry Kids!!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
2. Sometimes ships sink due to bad weather before we kitties can pirate them. On July 22, 1985 an American treasure hunter discovered just such a sunken ship off the coast of Key West, FL. What was the name of the sunken ship? Senora de Atocha (Our Lady of Atocha)
3. Did you kitties know that most pirates were male? However, there are two very well known female pirates that became best friends when they dressed as male pirates and sailed under the flag of Captain Jack Rackham, who was also known as Calico Jack. Who were these two female pirates? Mary Reed and Anne Bonnie
4. Did you kitties know that in the 17th century, Britain actually licensed pirates to attack Spanish, and later French, ships? Henry Morgan was made famous by becoming the leader of this band of British employees. However, the term “pirate” was not applied to this group – they were called something else to set them apart from good, honest and law-breaking pirates like us kitties on the Black Furball. What was the British government employees who performed acts of piracy but were not actual pirates called? Privateers or Buccaneers
5. Why is the rum always gone? We can tell you why – because our Mommy and Daddy drank it all on a trip they took this past fall! They had yummy drinks called Hurricanes which are rum drunks that were invented by an infamous American bar during World War II. Can you name the city and the bar where Mommy and Daddy drank all of the rum? (PS- Mommy says you get extra points if you bring her one!) Pat O'Briens in New Orleans (Spirit and Ezra actually new the historic name for the bar, when it was just a speak easy - Mr. O'Brien's Club Tipperary - Mommy was way impressed).
6. Contrary to what Mommy would like, not all hurricanes are yummy rum filled drinks. Some hurricanes are very serious and have been the death of many a pirate caught in their gales. In the Western Hemisphere, a special scale is used to warn pirate kitties of the intensity of approaching hurricanes. What is the special scale called? Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
7. Did you know that the oldest city in America has a rich pirate history too? This city was settled by the Spanish in March 1513 by Don Juan Ponce de Leon. In 1586, the English corsair Sir Francis Drake attacked and burned the town. Then in 1668, the pirate Captain John Davis plundered the town, killing sixty inhabitants. Spain authorized the building of a stone fort to protect the city and its inhabitants. The Castillo de San Marcos took twenty-three years to build but, once in place, stood as the town's stalwart defender. To this day, the fort has never fallen to enemy attack. What is the name of this city? St. Augustine, FL
8. Who is the most fearsome pirate cat Captain to ever live? Even though Dante may disagree, it is me - Captain Jack Kitten!
Thanks again for coming to my Birthday Cruise. It was the best 4th birthday, or any birthday for that matter, ever!!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
What is the fun in being on a pirate ship without being able to wear a fun costume? Although we see that some of you brought your own costumes (and you look mighty piratety we must say), we do have costumes for anyone who wants to wear them. Please ask our second mate for them. He's right over there, in the eye patch!
If the sun is getting to be a bit too warm, we invite you to retire below decks. We hope that you will like our below deck saloon which was also decorated with our pirate swag.
Which of course the salooon comes complete with its own bar. Please try the pirate niptinis, as they are our own delicious recipe. We have nippagne too and our bartender will make you anything you desire! And do not worry, the rum is not gone. We have plenty!!
Below decks we also have our seafood fest. Please help yourself, there's plenty for everyone!!
And of course, what would a birthday party be without a cake. We choose this for the Captain this year, and it will also be served below decks! We would also like to share this cake with Tybalt, his birthday is also being celebrated today!! Happy Birthday Tybalt!!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. Climbing the rigging! It's a tall ship after all and there is plenty of ropes and things to climb!
2. The Black Furrball provides the best fresh-caught fish that any kitty could ask for.
3. Hammocks are available in large supply for those afternoon naps.
4. We have eye patches just like Dante's for any kitty who wants to look fearsome!
5. It's fun to scream "Me-ARGH!!!" to show how scary and fierce you are.
6. Tuna boats and Temptations boats go by - need we say any more?
7. There is nothing quite as lovely as the sun over the Carribean and we have tons of decks for sunbathing!
8. Seagulls follow the boats as they come in and leave port! YUMMY!
9. Real live undead shrimp that quickly become real live dead shrimps in the kitty belly!
10. The beans must do as we say or we can make them walk the plank!
11. We can smuggle in the best nip you've ever had!
12. Kitties look really cool in pirate costumes!
13. We're pirates, we can do whatever we want and if a bean says no, we can shanghai them!!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A lot of you guessed it and guessed right. We are having a special Birthday Cruise for the Captain's 4th Birthday!
When: March 17th - all day
Where: We are going to be taking all of you kitties (and buns and woofies) to the Carribean aboard our pirate ship. Do not worry if there are other parties for Saint Patrick's Day that day, the Black Furrball comes equiped with special teleyporting rooms so it will be easy to party hop!
Special Prizes: Mommy and Daddy are helping us work on a game - a treasure hunt where X marks the spot where the special pirate's booty is buried! If you find it, you win the treasure chest of kitty delights! More details later!
We are so excited and we just can not wait!! We hope all of you kitties (and buns and woofies) will be there. We may even ask Aunt Susan if LK can come too. Its never too early to earn your sea legs, right?!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
A Pirate Kitty Flag......A Birthday Party Hat....
A Picture of The Black Furrball.....
A Picture of Captain Jack...
And a Saint Patrick's Day Greeting....
Any guesses? The big annoucement will be tommorow but we are wondering if any of our friends will guess what we have planned before then. All of the hints are there - what do you think?
PS: Tybalt, you and the girls cannot guess since you already know!!
Monday, March 10, 2008
and sleep all weekend in the bedroom with Mommy who has the cold too!
Friday, March 7, 2008
This is his really cute picture. Mommy said it was really hard to get good pictures this time because he was so incredibly active!
Here is LK eating his stinky goodness! When Aunt Susan brought him out to visit with Mommy and Daddy, she put down this bowl of food for him. Mommy said he would stand in it to eat (and even make biscuits in it) and then would run off to play only to run back and eat some more before running off to play again!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
What do you guys think Captain Jack is looking at? Whatever it is, its gotta be good because he is really looking in that box!